Sunday, September 4, 2022

They say Late is better than Never

 Hi everyone ... I am just dropping in real fast to say to Cheryll and the other ladies from last Friday night's FNWF a small but very friendly group of ladies from all around the globe ... who gather online on the 1st Friday of each month. Anyone can join in and there is also a Facebook page that gets some sharing what they are doing.

I am truly sorry that I did not complete the event by doing a post on Saturday of my night's effort. I could put the photos up tonight along with a lengthy post, but really I am not sure if I can sit much longer than posting photos .. and I guess I could find the strength to post a small chat about the things that occurred .... 😊

Friday night ... I started the night with grand expectations and did get some stuff done .. not a lot but did some .. sewed some swap blocks together with some sashing and that is about it. I all went off without incident and I had a fantastic time sewing without disturbance from my Darling, who just sat and played his PlayStation and I think he was happy for the peace he had too ... maybe we should spend more nights like it .. haha 

Then came Saturday and I was keen to keep on keeping on with my sewing then My Brother (sewing machine) decided to have a heart attack. So my sewing day was spent trying to render aide to this great big useless lump of $#!+ and I am not sure if he will recover as I do not know how much the medical bill will be or even how much care will be needed in the future ... and will he recover enough to be able to put in a full hard day of never-ending sewing .. or will his days be that of treating him with care and not expecting too much out of him .... sure he was great ... in his day .. and sure he was loyal.. to a point and I guess ... and yes I could go on forever but the simple facts .. how much is this going to cost ME!! ...His days are certainly numbered now ..  ... we may have to just bring him home and just leave him out on the back porch to die from exposure .. 

and besides, I do have his little Brother here who will just have to make the effort his older Brother has put in over the last (too many) years .... He has no smaller feet than the older one so the shoes are no bigger to fill ... so thats going to make his job a lot easier ... and .. they were not close they both kept a nice distance from each other so there were no fights .. but I still think the older Brother will be missed ... well by me anyway ... but I will try not to compare them ... Yeah right!!! .. they may have the same name but you can tell just by their appearance that they are not closely related. I know this little fella won't bat an eyelid over the loss of the older Brother ... I mean they really did not know each other well ... and .. this little one does not have any eyelids .. his needle has an eye and I guess that's about as close as either of them could ever get to an eyelid.. 


anyway, photo time

These are the leader and enders small patches .. dark and light in the blue icecream tubs ... in the big box are pairs that have been sewn together .. and then in front of that are the 4 patch blocks and on the left of those, are 2 completed large 4 patch blocks sewn together but i am thinking of unpicking them and changing the design ..

 



These are 6-inch swap blocks that I put some sashing strips on the sides and stitched together ... I still have to add more to the ends ..  the rows were hung up the wrong way for the photo .. so they look a little lopsided   .. more blocks are needed on the sides and bottom .. the stips of sashings between the rows ... I will make up the shortfall of the blocks as I am no longer in the swap group. And I am kind of really looking forward to that.





And the last thing I worked on that night was these ... more swap blocks .. 8-inch "winter" blocks. They are very cute and I only have 11. I think one is either tucked up in between others or I have simply lost it ... which rather annoys me as I can't do my 3 across and 4 down ... but ... it is ok .. I will just change the plan .. maybe just put a border on it and make a tree skirt for my darling daughter ... just means I will have to open a seam and put in an invisible set zip .. should be easy ... she says .. she who hasn't put in a zip since 1991 lol  ... ... and I do believe that to be true ... Oh how I hate zips ..




Anyway for those of you in blog-land .. I do hope you have a lovely week. 
Take care and stay safe all of you ...  
Covid is still out there and it is still as active as ever ... 
as are all those crazy drivers ... 
Love and hugs .. 
Bobbie


oh  I almost forgot ...here is my sweet little dog ... who is getting old very quickly she turned 14 around the end of January this year... we love and would never, ever leave her out on the back porch .. 




1 comment:

  1. Good that you got some sewing done in spite of big brother misbehaving!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete