Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Been busy doing basically nothing!!

 Well, it is March already, and it is creeping along nicely, my sewing room still has produced nothing. I have certainly been in some sort of serious slump. Not depressed or anything like that. (Well I truly don't think I have) But I have been looking at patterns and buying more than I will ever need ... Reckon I would have to quilt continuously for the next 40 years and I might get most of them done, providing I don't buy more. The problem is ... when I see something I like and think I can do it... I buy it. 

I watch Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and I want to make everything I see her do .. they all seem soooo easy, but still, I have done no sewing. I did patch Hubby's jeans. that took me 4 days. I hate doing them.. the first thing I have to do is go to the thrift shop and buy some jeans to cut up for the task at hand. Then I set to and open all the outside seams on the jeans to be patched. Then and only then do I put in my first order for a coffee - the patches are done in 3 stages - a patch about 15 x 6 inches goes on the knee and thigh area on the inside of the leg - another coffee + add some Bailey's please... then the main patch goes on the outside of the legs and runs from about 4 inches above the hem to just below the pockets at the top of each leg... I do use Vlisoflex and iron the patches in place before I sew anything or it would never get done. More coffee needed, please, and just a little more Bailey's thanks

I have been doing this for 40 years now... long before the iron-on was invented .. or we had overlockers that I knew about ... I truly, truly, truly hated doing them .. lol .. but haven't had to do them for some time now. These jeans are now very heavy and take up the room of 2 pairs of jeans in the washer, and I make him wash them ... I cannot hang them on the line, too heavy for me. lol. He wanted to take the bike on a very long ride. All up I think it worked out to be around 3000 kilometers round trip, plus 1000 klms for the ferry ride from Tassie to the mainland. He was to go last month but the day before he was to leave there was a Covid outbreak on the mainland and borders were closed and his trip was now off.  He will try again in August or September when it is a bit warmer but not hot. 

But in saying all that, which was probably not really necessary, and more information than you ever needed. if so I am really sorry about that

I received a letter at the beginning of the month to tell me I had a second appointment with the pre-admissions unit at the Launceston Hospital for last Thursday and while there I received the date for surgery. ... Wednesday 10th March... yes I got 6 days' notice .. oh my. 

2 of the suggestions in the paperwork they give you are... Prepare about 2 weeks of frozen meals for when you come home and ... give your house a thorough clean before your surgery...  Well, I have time for neither maybe some cleaning... but not thorough ..  

Bugger I have to leave it here for a bit ... to be continued...

Sorry about the interruption. But I am back. It is now 12:45 am Wednesday morning, I should be getting some sleep but I reckon I will get time to sleep when I get to the hospital. Mind you they tell me I am high risk so they are giving me a spinal block to do the knee replacement and that is it. Nothing more. I will be awake right through the whole procedure. So now you might understand why I am hoping to sleep at the hospital. This being awake thing does concern me. It's bad enough that they have gone into much detail about this op but now they want me to listen to the whole thing too ...lol

Stay tuned for more on this one later. There will also be photos in my next post of the delightful jeans. 

Oh! one more thing before I go. We had our 40th wedding anniversary on the 2nd of this month and I got hubby a watch and a DVD player to watch his Monty Python full TV series. ( that I also got him) and he took me out and bought me a car. Talk about upstaging me. but truly he can do this every year if he likes. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Now, this lovely little wagon is not new but it is new for me. I have been without my own wheels for a couple of years. oh but this is the best anniversary gift ever.  My Hubby truly is an amazing man...






Have a wonderful week and hope to see you again in a week or so. As soon as I can sit in a chair comfortably ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

No comments:

Post a Comment