Tuesday, December 10, 2013

first part of what we're up to ...

This will come in segments .... when I get time to do an entry .. 

We left Levi and Katie's on the 23rd November … and as I had a few appointments in Tara with doctors and physio's etc we headed there and stayed at the lagoon until we were ready to go .. which took about 4 days … it was just nice sitting by the creek .. watching the busy world go by .. not that Tara gets too busy mind you … but it was certainly more busy than what we were used to livning on the farm … when that was all taken care of we set off … south …







As we drove past Levi and Katie's for the last time I waved them a fond farewell .. will majorly miss them all … but I am certain after a wee while they won’t be missing us too much … Chance did say he would miss Pop and his game time … 'but will you miss me' I asked him … NO .. but I will miss your chocarlart bicsets … nice to know I will be remembered … haha ..


 really miss this ...




The bus ran like a dream .. It was hot all the way .. Hot and dry everywhere .. The landscape told the story of the lack of rain and lack of wheat harvest … There were some places that the wheat still stood in the ground .. barely anything on the storks and certainly not worth the farmer harvesting it .. I guess most will just put cattle in the paddocks to eat what crop there is .. it was a sad sight indeed and I reckon very heartbreaking for the man on the land … I truly admire these people .. they spend their whole existence providing food for a nation and trust me it would be a lot easier for them to pack up their stuff and move on to much 'greener' pastures .. but they stay and hope for a better year next year … I truly love and admire these folk .. they really are the backbone of this land … I don't know what makes them stay .. but I am honestly glad they do … God Bless them one and all …





I am running about a week behind here .. but I will try to do a catch up as I go along … we are having a good time … staying safe and trying very hard to be good … not all of that is working tho … haha … 

5 comments:

  1. good to see you are on the go.... I'm sure they will miss you lots...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, safe travelling.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. time to move on and enjoy the country side,i dream of the days that we will do this,thankyou for sharing your pics,safe travels.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arrr but you always carry your memories! Safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post Bobbie, looking forward to many many more...safe travels. May the wind be at your back and your tank always full....lol.

    ReplyDelete