Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time to catch up !!!!!!!!!

My word .. yes indeedy .... it most certainly is time ... I don't believe it has been 3 months since I posted in here last ... now that is just plain out and out bad form ... but ... that is me .... 

Update on my SSS ... I have 10 days to go before the big mail out ... the time certainly has gone by reasonably quickly .... well it feels like time flies by these days ... maybe it is because I am getting older ... maybe it is because I spend a lot of time not sleeping and therefore days sort of just roll into one another ... or maybe ... the clock really does tick faster and faster the older we become ... sort of to get rid of us quicker ...... or maybe it is just cos we are so busy doing important stuff that we just don't realise that the time is slipping by ... we must all take time out to smell the roses ... pick up the phone and ring that someone you've been meaning to call for months now ... stop and give the dog a pat just cos you can ... 

or .. be like me and sit and sew just cos there is nothing else to do in your day .. well nothing as important as sewing that fabric back together after you just cut it all up into little pieces ... haha ... 


my SSS is packed and ready to ship out ... well most of it ... just a little binding to finish ... why is it that the binding on some things takes months to finish ... everytime I walk past it I think .. oh I must finish that ... and just keep on walking ... but .. 10 days to go ... and I don't want to be sitting up all night 8 nights from now .. sewing down the binding ... so I promise myself I will do it in the next 7 days ... .... that will at least give me time to wrap it nicely ... 

I will be sewing tomorrow ... something else that needs to be done sort of urgently ... and then my machine will be getting packed away for a couple of weeks ... I have some hand sewing that needs to be done .. yes other stuff besides that binding .... so I am hoping to keep me busy with some hand sewing ... I am not really very keen on using a needle and thread as my fingers don't work as good as they once did and I am still having a wee bit of trouble with my left wrist and thumb .. so things pinch up after awhile .. but I want to hand sew this thing for a friend ... hope I succeed in getting it done ... Photos if I do .... but whatever the outcome ... the binding will get done .... oh ... and a couple of buttons that need to be sewn on too ... just remembered them .... 

anyway ... just thought I would pop in here ... do a quick post and then make a cuppa ... and sort out the thread I will need to do this little project .... and then I need to find some patterns for a baby quilt my daughter has asked me to make for one of her friends ... it will be a pink quilt and needs to be done by March ... once she chooses a pattern I will be able to get the fabric and make a start on it ... pinks and purples ..... sounds lovely already ...  




No comments:

Post a Comment