Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Something finished ...

Instead of cleaning and packing for our trip .. I decided to finish this instead ... well it did seem like a great idea at the time ... and ... I am so pleased I did it .. I have no pixies at the bottom of my garden so they do not come a-visiting in the middle of the night ... so my cleaning .. sorting and packing will still be here in the morning .. and now ... so with this most lovely cushion ... 

I am very well pleased with it ... this is one of the dresen plates I was playing with a couple of posts ago  .... this is one of 2 odd ones ( a couple of the blades don't match up ) ...



I do think the colours in the plate go well with the marbled green ... so this could well be a very good candidate for the overall background for the quilt .... I have recently seen a photo of a Dresden Quilt done with all different colour backgrounds ... that too looked very nice ... which is also another option ... I honestly don't want too many options though ... cos then I will get really confused and not be sure at all which way to go .... 

I am going to head off to bed now .... it is still quite early for me but lately I have been feeling very tired and sleep is a nice thing when you're tired ... 

Will catch up sometime soon ... Possibly from my boys place ... I am so looking forward to seeing them all ... giving the kids a huge hug and catching up on everything they have been doing ... the two little ones have both started school since last I saw them ... and Blake is now in high school ..... and Brad .. well he left home ages ago .... yep .. it is about time Nanni went for a visit and did some serious catching up ... 

2 comments:

  1. Love the cushion... great colours... enjoy your trip to the grandies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. EnJoY your catch up with family and especially the grandies! Love the plate cushion... one of my all time favourites! :)

    ReplyDelete