Sunday, June 24, 2012

here's hoping ....

I am hoping to get some sewing and quilting done in the next couple of weeks ... I have been rather busy with an added extra in my household in the form of an 18 year old grandson ... and a couple of broken bones in my wrist ... the wrist is probably the lesser of the two as far as not being able to get stuff done ... 

I never realised how much time gets taken up running kids to and from work and feeding them ... OMG .. I forgot just how much teenage boys eat ... and eat ... and eat ..... haha !!!

Our Ricky will soon have his drivers license and will no longer need me to 'supervise' his driving ... which is a plus for him and a very big plus for me ... it is just a good thing that I love this kid .... 

Over the next 2 weeks hubby is home on holidays and said he will run the lad to and fro so that I can get some time in my sewing room ... so I thought I would start today and catch up on some block swaps .... it is all a bit slow going due to the wrist pain ... but I am getting things done ... 

This block I did for Noelene F .... my QBSA partner from May ... oh aren't I norti ... 





And this one I did for Leena who is my QBSA partner for June .. 


but .. it is wrong because I did not read the email properly... not the 'spool' block I was supposed to make .. so it is back to the machine and cutting board to do the right one .... 

I also have another block to make for Leena ... for the Christmas swap ... and ... a 6" swap to do for Sue B ... and then there is a couple of quilts I really have to finish ... so off I go to do them now ... but will still be interrupted soon to feed the menfolk ... but I should get one block made before that happens ... 

see you all soon ..... with more photos .......

1 comment:

  1. You seemed to have managed to get quite a bit done even with the sore wrist.

    ReplyDelete