Monday, July 18, 2011

what a great weekend ....

it started off slow ... with me doing a little bit of housework ... well putting a load of laundry thru the machine and moving the dust bunnies about sort of constitutes housework doesn't it ... no .. ok .. well the weekend started of slow ... with me doing very little about the house .... i did spend just about the entire 2 days in my sewing room ... while hubby fended for himself ... out there in the mess .. kitchen ... fixing his own meals ... oh well ... he is a big boy .. and if he does not know how to do stuff by now .. he will starve if i should happen to go off for a holiday or some such thing ...

so ... we have him looking for food in a kitchen that has very little food in it ... and we have me ... in my sewing room ... being served up coffee and muffins and beautiful chicken sandwiches for lunch ... heehee .. he went shopping .. i knew he was a keeper that first moment i saw him ...


yep .. he looked after me real good he did … … ummm .. hang on a minute …  why am I talking about him … not sure really how the topic got changed .. but this is All about Me  … so let’s just …get … back to me

I made some swap blocks … and they were all soooo gorgeous .. I had to make some for me too …


This is something I have been doing with my swaps … I make 2 blocks in my partners choice of colours or fabrics .. and I send one to her .. and keep one for me .. and when I am ready and have enough blocks .. I will get to make 2 quilts … one with the blocks I received from my partners .. and one with the blocks that I sent to my partners … well at least copies of the blocks … or I may even make a reversible quilt .. … incoming on one side .. outgoing on the other … I think that would be super actually … hmm … food for thought .. … hmm  .. food … where is that man when I am hungry … in bed sleeping … typical … looks like I will have to go get my own snack … would call it a midnight snack but it is 3 in the morning …

I am back .. have my snack … steaming hot feta and spinach parcels … yummmmmmy ….



I now have all my block swaps caught up … and i now have a couple more mug rugs to make for my dear friend Karen … who does “Relay for Life” every year .. and this year they are auctioning off stuff on ebay to raise funds … and some of my mug rugs have been sold already … you can find their little bits here …. Mums On a Mission … so I told Karen that I would make some more .. because every little bit helps .. and they really don't take that long to make up ...

Also this weekend I tidied up my sewing room … cos it was all a bit messy and I was having problems finding things .. I am sure you all have had a similar experience … I think it was that gnome … Kevin .. messing things up … moving stuff about … I just know he has been in and out all weekend … tells me he only came in tonight to get out of the wet … cos he really hates the wet … but it has been wet out for a while now .. I think it rained all day Saturday .. so he would have snuck in at some stage … and just hidden himself away in a corner …. Gee the house is so messy he could have stood naked in the middle of the lounge room and no one would have noticed him … lol

But he did want to help while I was taking photos of the swap blocks .. I wanted to take a sneak peek pic of one of the blocks .. it is going to Medora in Canada .. anyway … I was having problems getting the camera to take a close up shot .. and an angled one was just all blurry or the flash was way too much .. haha … anyway .. I went out to make a cuppa and relax a little … and when I came back in .. here he was .. Kevin … on the table … saying he had worked it out and solved my problem  .. so I took a photo … and well yes .. it was a good Idea that he had … umm it would probably be easier if I just showed you …. Here he is …

 the block is well concealed ... but still visible enough to get a little idea of the colours used ...

anyway lovely people in blogland ...

it is late .. even for me … so on that note I shall say good night … sleep dreams and stay safe everyone …. Huge hugs …

3 comments: