Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodbye Gail ...

I got word last night that my cousin passed away .. She had been ill for a while with cancer and things looked on the improve there for a bit ... then she went downhill rather fast ....

it is a sad day for her family ... I really didn't know her very well, my Mum and Dad moved away from the rest of the family when I was very little and I never got to meet her or sit and have a cuppa .. But we did chat via the internet ... and that was good ...

I wish we lived closer so I could give her sister a big hug ... one of those forever hugs .. You know .. when no one wants to let go ... I just can't imagine.. and for that matter .. do not ever want to know what it would be like to lose a sister ... I have three and I just know my heart would break and never ever mend if I was to lose one of them ...

so I am feeling a little sad today ... not for Gail (her pain is finally over) ... but for her family, for what they are going through and for me too, and what could someday be closer to home ... it seems death of family or friends brings home the reality of how very frail and how very precious life is ...

We are here for such a very short time … I just hope that I use what time I have left productively .. and that my family and friends know that I love them … and that when I do shuffle off this mortal coil … folks will smile with fond memories rather than cry over missed opportunities …

Have a lovely day out there …. hold very close to your heart those who are precious to you … and make sure to tell them that you love them ….

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this Bobbie... take care....
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad for you Bobbie, In January and February this year I lost my best friend then my sister to cancer, it is still hard and there are days when I could just sit and have a cry, you are right life is precious. x :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear - thinking of you. but i did just take your prompting and called my mum just to tell her i love her - thank you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bobbie,
    I am so sorry to hear about this...I just lost my mom early this summer...and like you said, I am not sad for her - She's much better off where she is! But I have had some sad days too. I love what you said about holding close to your heart those who are precious to you...

    ReplyDelete