Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My first block arrived ....

Teena's block arrived in today's mail ... I love the colours she chose ... just beautiful ..



thank you Teena ... I love it ....

I will put the one I have made for her in tomorrow's mail out ...

I joined a most fantastic group .... Australian based and have many overseas members too ... we swap quilting blocks ... i pick the block and colour i want ... as do the other members .. and at the beginning of each month we get our partners ... then we make the block for our partner in their choice of colour and mail it off ... really simple and sooo much fun ... you don't just get lots of blocks .. you also get an opportunity to learn new skills and maybe make a block or two that you never thought you would ever attempt ... fun stuff ... here is a link if you are interested in having some fun ..... Quilting Block Swaps - Australia

8 comments:

  1. That is a nice block Bobbie... what are your plans for your ''block collection'' xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - what a great first block! can't wait to see what you have made too
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgoeus block, I just love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colours are wonderful ... my block for Teena is on the blockswap blog .... and as for what i am doing with them ..... possibly like all the others ... just 'collecting' them ... lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ... and the colours are soooo much brighter and prettier than the photo ... pics never do the real thing justice ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours too - beautiful block

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you Boobie... have you had anymore partners xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi T ... yes ... i have more partners .. my computer died a thousand deaths and have been restoring it to its former glory ... still soooo much stuff still to install .. if i can ever find the programmes again lol ...
    should have my partners blocks done tomorrow ...
    hugs ... xxooxx

    ReplyDelete